Level 2 Certificate in Golf Greenkeeping (0143)
The Golf Greenkeeper Level 2 Apprenticeship will prepare you with the skills and knowledge to manage the maintenance, care and overall appearance of a golf course in line with employer’s requirements. This standard is recognised by the British & International Golf Greenkeepers Association (BIGGA), the Professional Body for Greenkeepers.
What will I study?
- Maintenance and repair of sports turf surfaces
- Health and disease of plants and grass
- Plant and grass establishment
- Use and maintenance of Machinery and equipment
- Health and safety
- Safe use of pesticides (PA1/PA6)
- Functional skills in English and Maths depending on previous qualifications
How long will it take?
- 24 months depending on previous experience
What qualifications do I need to start?
- Preferably GCSEs at grade 2 or above including English and Maths
What qualifications will I gain?
- Level 2 Apprenticeship in Golf Greenkeeping and Groundsmanship
- First Aid Certificate. PA1/PA6 Safe USe of Pesticides Certificate
- Functional skills English and Maths
Course options after this programme
- Level 3 Apprenticeship in Golf Greenkeeping and Groundsmanship
- Greenkeeper or groundsperson
- Assistant head greenkeeper or groundsperson
- Other turf related industries
To find out more information about the various qualifications on offer visit the Shipley College website:
We also do short courses
- Abingdon & Witney College
- Askham Bryan College
- Berkshire College of Agriculture
- Bishop Burton College
- Bridgwater and Taunton College
- DART Ltd.
- Easton and Otley College
- Hadlow College
- KEITS Training Services Ltd
- Kingston Maurward College
- Merrist Wood College
- Myerscough College
- Oaklands College
- Oldham College
- Pershore College
- Plumpton College
- Reaseheath College
- Shipley College
- South Staffordshire College
- Sparsholt College Hampshire
- The College of West Anglia
- Writtle University College