Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
WHAT IS CPD?
CPD is about YOU. It enables you to do many things:
- Update your skills and knowledge
- Boost your confidence
- Strengthen your professional credibility
- Ensures your employer has a competent and well-motivated employee
CPD is a strategy to help you succeed and go on succeeding.
By committing to CPD it identifies you as a competent professional and BIGGA’s CPD Programme provides you with a way to recognise your commitment.
The BIGGA CPD Programme has several benefits to you and your employers:
Benefits for the individual:
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Personal development
- Engagement with the wider industry
- Quality standard
- Adapt outdated skills
- In touch with changes in legislation
Benefits for the Employer:
- Professional staff
- Confidence in staff ability
- Updated and informed staff
- Motivated team
- Valued team
The National Register of Sprayer Operators (NSTS),the Safe Use of Pesticides (PA 1,2 & 6 etc) are excellent examples of CPD administered by the NPTC visit www.nroso.org.uk
BASIS is a Professional Register for Managers involved in pesticides, pest control and fertiliser applications visit www.basis-reg.com for details of training courses in this specialist area.
To find out more please visit the BIGGA Website.